Doomsday was a rampaging bloodthirsty Kryptonian abomination with a feral mindset created by Darkseid. He arrived on Earth via a Boom Tube and proceeded to decimate the Justice League before being killed by Superman.
Doomsday's origins are unclear but Lex Luthor suspects he was created by an alien civilization to kill the strongest beings on Earth to pave the way for an invasion. Given that a boom tube, Apokoliptian technology, was used to send Doomsday to Earth, it is implied that Darkseid played a role in his creation. This fact was late proven to be true.
Arrival on EarthEdit
Landing in the ocean, after destroying a satellite and killing the crew of Hank Henshaw upon re-entry, both Lex Luthor and Aquaman sent people in to investigate. However Doomsday soon broke loose and began slaughtering both the Atlantean soldiers and Luthor's science team. Arriving at the surface Doomsday went on a massacre slaughtering any living thing he came in contact with including a young couple camping in the woods. Eventually he was confronted by the Justice League but even with their combined efforts Doomsday beat them all with Wonder Woman being the last Leaguer standing until Doomsday defeated her as well and was about to kill her until Superman came to the rescue.
Doomsday vs SupermanEdit
After decimating the Justice League, Superman and Doomsday began to fight an incredible battle throughout Metropolis. However despite Superman’s best efforts Doomsday slowly manages to overpower Clark. Their battle eventually ended up in the Hall of Justice which left the hall completely destroyed. Doomsday emerged from the rubble wrapping Superman's cape around his neck repeatedly stamping on his head until Lois intervened by throwing stones at the creature to distract it. Doomsday approached Lois preparing to kill her. Superman at the last moment drew all his strength he had left and flew directly at at Doomsday and struck a mighty blow that broke his neck, instantly killing him. However at the same time Doomsday impaled Superman in the stomach with one of his protruding claws, fatally wounding the Man of Steel. Doomsday's body was then taken into the custody of S.T.A.R. Labs where days later, Lex Luthor attempted to sway the director to allow Project: Cadmus to take custody of the body for examination and research purposes. Doctor Corbow refused Lex's request telling him that they will keep Doomsday's body until the government can launch it into space.
Powers and abilitiesEdit
- Super strength: Doomsday possesses a incredible level of superhuman strength superior to even Superman, allowing him to shatter Green Lantern's constructs and physically beat almost any opponent.
- Super speed: Doomsday, while not as fast as the Flash, is still capable of taking him off-guard and keeping up with Superman.
- Super stamina: Doomsday does not show any sign of exhaustion after battling the Justice League and Lex Luthor from day to night.
- Nigh-Invulnerability: Doomsday possesses a nearly indestructible body making him invulnerable to physical pain and injury allowing him to withstand the full might of the Justice League without barely any visible damage. Lex Luthor's warsuit, while gaining an upper hand against Doomsday, still could only scratch him. Only Superman's final blow managed to snap his neck and kill him.
- Heat vision: Doomsday's heat vision is so powerful that make the invulnerable Superman bleed to his forehead.
- Bone protrusions: He is capable of rapidly growing sharp bone protrusions are hard enough to injure Superman.