Boston Brand, is a supernatural superhero and a ghost also known as Deadman. He was formerly a circus acrobat who was murdered during a trapeze performance by a mysterious assailant. The Hindu goddess, Rama Kushna, took pity on him and gave his spirit the power to possess any living being bringing justice to those who deserve it.
To be added
Deadman temporarily possessed Batman in the bathroom to wrote down "Constantine" written all over the nearby walls.
Deadman possesses Batman when crisis Zatanna once again and tells Zatanna she needs to see John. Zatanna brings Batman to Constantine, but they are attacked by a magical whirlwind summoned by an unknown sorcerer. The trio narrowly manage to get inside John's house in time where they are joined by Black Orchid, the spiritual embodiment of the House. The group gathers to share information, and after a quick discussion and some argument between John and Zatanna, form a team to investigate the cause and reason for these supernatural occurrences.
The heroes visits a friend of Constantine and Zatanna's named Ritchie Simpson, but outside the house they find shroud spirits of Death waiting to collect Ritchie's soul upon his upcoming demise. At the Hospital where the posed man where held, Batman, Deadman, Constantine, and Zatanna narrowly manage to escape from a living feces beast conjured to consume the man, and Zatanna proceeds to destroy the monster.
Constantine tricks Destiny into bringing him and Deadman within his protective shield, allowing Deadman to wound Destiny, before Constantine, Batman, and Blood destroy the Dreamstone and Destiny's body, leaving Ritchie, whose soul is dragged to Hell by the shroud spirits.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- As a Ghost
- Flight: Boston can defy gravity, hovering and floating through the air. He does not seem capable of flying at high speeds, however.
- Invisibility: Boston is invisible to mundane humans. However, mages and mystical entities can perceive him easily.
- Incorporeal: As a spirit, Boston can pass through solid objects and people as though they were illusions. However, he cannot interact with the physical world outside a host. Only magical attacks can harm him.
- Possession: Deadman can inhabit a living human body and manipulate it as his own. However, this power is limited by the mystical and mental strength of his host. The non-magical Batman was able to force him out, and powerful magicians such as Faust and Destiny are easily able to be freed of him.
- Immortality: As he is already dead, Boston is presumably unkillable, although certain spells can still hurt him.
- Clairvoyance: As a spirit himself, Boston can perceive other spirits unseen by mortals. The Hindu goddess Rama Kushna sometimes offers him guidance.
- Occult Knowledge: Boston has encountered and experienced entities that living humans are unaware of during his time as a ghost. He recognized Shrouds by sight and knew their role.
- Acrobatics: When he was alive, Boston was a talented circus acrobat. As Deadman, he has little use for these skills.
- It was implied by Zatanna that Boston's womanizing ways are why someone killed him, although unknown if it was the Hook.